Del Maguey (pronounced ma–gay), Single Village Mezcal was founded in 1995 by internationally renowned artist and mezcal visionary, Ron Cooper. Ron introduced the world to previously unavailable artisanal mezcal produced the original handcrafted way. Through deep cultural relationships with Zapotec Mexican Indian producers in the remote villages of Oaxaca and Puebla, Mexico, Del Maguey harnesses ancient, original organic processes. Combining these methods with varying micro-climates and terroir gives each creation its own unique, rich, sweet and smoky character. Every product in our collection is made by individual family palenqueros (producers) in old-style villages. We are the first producer to credit each product after the village where our liquid is made. When you see our beautiful green bottles you know it’s Del Maguey.
Del Maguey Recognition:
- “By any account the mezcals of Del Maguey offer an opportunity to taste some of the best in the world”.
– New York Times
- “Del Maguey Tobala… is one of the great connoisseur’s drinks of the world, in any category.”
– Forbes Life
- “This immortal mezcal unfolds like the blades of the agave plant itself. . .”– Robb Report
- “It is impossible to talk about artisanal mezcal in the US without mentioning Del Maguey in the same sentence. Ron Cooper’s passion and perseverance…
- …in bringing his Single Village Mezcals to the world has paved the way for everyone else, and certainly set the standard for quality”.
– Mezcalistas, The World of Mezcal