About This Project
BY JULIAN COX — CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
- Chapulín salt (recipe below), for rimming the glass
- 2 ounces Del Maguey Chichicapa Single Village Mezcal
- 3⁄8 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice (equal to 21⁄4 teaspoons)
- 3⁄8 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3⁄4 ounce agave nectar
- Pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- 2 lime wheels, for garnish
- 1 lemon leaf, for garnish
- Rim a double rocks glass with chapulín salt. Combine all the ingredients, except the garnishes, in a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake until well chilled. Strain into the prepared rocks glass over ice. Garnish with the pomegranate seeds, lime wheels, and lemon leaf.
Finely chop dried chapulines (grasshoppers). Mix with an equal quantity of rock salt.